Lisa consults and teaches at the beautiful 196 Victoria Holistic Healing and Creative Centre in Woodstock. She is warm, friendly, approachable and deeply committed to supporting her client’s healing and growth. She holds a BA Psychology Degree, Advanced Counselling Diploma and Coaching Certification as well as being a Yoga Instructor and Neuromuscular Therapist. Lisa has studied various forms of Somatic Therapy and worked in this field for 13 years. She uses a multi-modality approach in order to support people on every level in their growth, healing and personal transformation.
“All my life I’ve been drawn to working with people in a helping/healing capacity. After putting myself through University and College while working in the service industry, I lived overseas, caring for the elderly and Disabled in the UK and teaching English in South Korea. Since returning to Cape Town and opening a wellness practice in 2005 I’ve worked one on one with hundreds of people on both physical and emotional levels which has given me a great deal of experience and insight. I’ve also volunteered for the last 8 years at an NGO; Counselling on the phone, face to face and facilitating groups on Personal Growth and Counselling Skills courses. Since the start of 2016 I’ve been Consulting in a private capacity from my rooms in Woodstock and offering Staff Support, Coaching and Facilitation at a company in the CBD.rmai
From an early age I developed an interest in Psychology and have always been fascinated by human nature. My studying is ongoing; I constantly read and attend courses in order to further my knowledge, find new ways of assisting clients and develop myself on a personal and professional level. My approach is to combine various Counselling Theories, Coaching Models, Mindfulness Techniques, Self-Exploration Tools and Somatic Approaches; I tailor sessions around the needs of each individual. As a Counsellor I offer my clients emotional healing and support and as a Coach I assist people to reach their goals by working on steps and providing tools that help them move forward in their lives. I also use my experience and background in somatic therapies to deal with issues that may be manifesting on a physical level.
Ultimately, I believe that being genuine and providing a space of warmth, encouragement and unconditional positive regard for clients is far more effective than doggedly adhering to a set of theories, practices and models. I am a huge advocate of Personal growth and Self Development; EVERYTHING STARTS WITH YOU! Attending various forms of therapy on an ongoing basis has helped me to heal, grow in awareness. I believe in the value of self-exploration and personal development as I’ve seen again and again how people’s lives have been transformed by being listened to, encouraged to talk, explore, express feelings and move forward.
- BA Degree majoring in Psychology and English (UCT and UNISA) 1995-1999
- One year Yoga Instructors Diploma at Ananda Kutir Ashram 1999
- Two year AHPCSA recognized Deep Tissue Therapeutic Massage Diploma at the Massage Therapy Institute 2001-2002
- One year Functional Physiology & Anatomy course at UCT with Physiotherapist Jacqui Koep 2007
- Reflexology course with Lulu Beyers 2008
- Basic and Advanced Counselling Diploma (3 year course through UNISA) 2009-2012
- Eight years volunteering as a Counsellor and Group Facilitator at Life Line 2008-present
- Short Courses: Thai Massage, Reiki, Hot stone massage, Lymph Drainage, Crainio-Sacral therapy, Cheirology, Pressure Point Techniques, Chinese Meridian Location
- Hypnotherapy (SAIH 2015)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Life Coaching (SACAP 2017-2019)